Friday, August 19, 2005

Dream Job?

The 2nd first day is officially over and I am delighted to discover that my payment finally went through on my holds. Now, my schedule is totally finished at a solid 17 hours. Talk about last minute!

It seems as though I may get a job at the Reflector writing movie reviews. I truly hope that I get the job, as that is something that I think I would be good at. It is also about time that I started getting things published. That might make it easier to find a job in the journalism world after graduation. Anyhow, I'm supposed to go see The 40-Year-Old Virgin sometime this weekend, possibly tonight. The folks at the Reflector will pay for all of the movies that I write reviews for. I'm pretty excited about it. Oh yeah, I get paid to if I get published. Pretty much the sweetest job ever.

Now I'm waiting to talk to a woman about getting RWS involved in MTA. I think that I'm dealing in way too many acronyms lately. It is some sort of party for high school kids that's going on in January. I don't know that much about it yet, but it seems like something that will be right up our alley. Practices for Scissors are starting back up next week, it's going to be alot of fun to get the gang back together. Hopefully it will be without too much drama. I think that we'll have auditions for our crop of newcomers sometime in mid-Sepember.

So this semester there's RWS, Reflector, College Dems, and 17 hours... This could get interesting real fast...

4 Comments:

Blogger karyrogers said...

I'm having dinner and going to see a band play with the current MTA president this evening. Is that who you are talking with about RWS and MTA? If so, let me know if there's anything I can do. We tend to hang out once a week or so.

Also, there are two or three RWS peeps in the acting class I'm taking. Just for general unwarranted information.

2:39 PM, August 19, 2005  
Blogger C. Houston Longino said...

Sweet. Is that Jo or Kevin's acting class?

8:40 AM, August 20, 2005  
Blogger karyrogers said...

Kevin's.

1:11 PM, August 20, 2005  
Blogger C. Houston Longino said...

Cool, the person I've been trying to get in contact with is Patty Archer but I can never seem to catch her in her office. If you can tell your friend to get her in contact with me that'd be sweet.

12:32 PM, August 22, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home