Wednesday, July 27, 2005

A quiz none of you can win...

I just entered this months PG website contest. The prize this month? An official crew t-shirt from last year's tour. Ooooohh! Aah! And all I had to do was identify the songs these particular lyrics come from. I'll have you know that I did this in less than 3 minutes with no need of research...

1. “…watched by empty silhouettes who close their eyes but still can see…”
2. “…I can hear the distant thunder of a million unheard souls…”
3. “…there are always hidden silences waiting behind the chair…”
4. “…stranded starfish have no place to hide still waiting for the swollen Easter tide…”
5. “…pale zeros tinge the tiger skin…”
6. “…kicking the cloud with my moccasin shoes…”
7. “…pulling out the papers from drawers that slide smooth…”
8. “…it wasn't with the angels in their quilted coats…”
9. “…lost among echoes of things not there watching the sound forming shapes in the air…”
10.“…but nothing fades as fast as the future and nothing clings like the past…”

3 Comments:

Blogger niltiac said...

I'm sure that lot of people used the internet as a resource...it should be a timed test.

7:23 AM, July 28, 2005  
Blogger C. Houston Longino said...

Perhaps they did. It's really just a random drawing anyway. Since anyone who would take the test would probably have CDs availible to them anyway, getting them right isn't really tough. I just posted that to show that a large section of my brain is cluttered with random PG lyrics.

7:38 AM, July 28, 2005  
Blogger laura rayburn said...

For a while I wondered to myself "What on Earth does 'PG' stand for?" then I figured out that those are Peter Gabriel initials and I don't actually care. ;) I wanna be your sledgehammer: let's go with what works.

9:21 AM, July 28, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home