Monday, July 18, 2005

Huntsvillian

I got back last night from Huntsville. I got to see a very interesting "cave" (actually a mine, caves are naturally occuring). But it was still very cool to walk around in & I had pretty good company with me. Caitlin & I also finally made it to Mikawa & had some mighty fine sushi. However, after dinner we decided to order drinks. First we ask the waitress for a drink menu & were promptly brought regular menus. Then I went to the bar to find a drink menu & was unsuccessful. THEN, we realized that since there was a full bar we could probably order whatever we liked, after which we ordered 2 gin & tonics. But that's really not the story, so here's the real deal. The drinks were brought out with lemons in them, now a gin & tonic is traditionally served with a lime. But, I thought that limes were close enough to lemons. I mean, how big of a deal could it be? Well, the lemon wasn't such a big deal but the fact that there was almost no tonic at all in the drink made a huge deal. The two of us tried to take a few sips of what was more or less straight gin. YUCK! I'd like to tell you that we got them fixed, but no. We eventually managed to drink the whole things.

2 Comments:

Blogger niltiac said...

We agreed that they got better as the ice melted. Hehehe, those were some strong drinks!

1:01 PM, July 18, 2005  
Blogger C. Houston Longino said...

That's true. Perhaps we should look into gin on the rocks as a new choice in beverage...

7:45 PM, July 18, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home