Thursday, July 07, 2005

Ankle Bitten

I've been recording some of the more interesting Flick quotes from my small group class. Here they are:

"I like watching Jerry Springer. It keeps me up before I watch Blind Date with Roger Lodge. It's great. Losers who can't get it on by themselves."

"Ever have a man doodie on you? I don't know you well enough to say shit on you..."

"Donkey! Donkey! Ruff ruff!!"

"You came in here to sleep didn't ya? Or just dream about my sister?"


This'll be quite an entertaining month. Now let me tell you an interesting tale of my trip to the Longest Health Center. First of all, Longest reffers to the name of Dr. Longest. It does not mean that the health center is the longest building on campus. Nope. Nothing like that. So I go in after barely making it to class that morning. My ankle feels worse than any pain I've ever felt at this point. I waited in a short line to make an appointment. But, after I get to the front the ladies start having computer trouble. So, I'm standing on one foot while these two old woment try and work the computer. I just stand there as more and more old ladies come to look at the computer as well, while I think about how much my ankle hurts. Eventually things are straightened out & I get to see the doctor. At first he thinks that my ankle is broken & sends me to get x-rays. My shoes are off & he tells me to leave them off since I'm going to go back up there. So I'm limping around the health center barefoot... And the nurses ask me why I don't have shoes & tell me to go put them back on. I try to explain that the doctor told me to leave my shoes off but by that point I'm at the x-ray place anyway. Long story short. Too late. No broken ankle. It is at this point that a nurse offers me a wheelchair. Then the doctor asks me if I need pain medication. I say yes. Then he proceeds to prescribe me advil & extra strength tylenol. Then he asks me if I need crutches. I ask if he thinks I need crutches since he is the one with the medical expertise. The moral of the story: The Longest still sucks.

1 Comments:

Blogger mrholmes said...

I like the "donkey, donkey! ruff, ruff!" one. It sounds like somethin i'd say

10:53 AM, July 08, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home