Monday, July 11, 2005

Golden Scissors

Saturday night was the summer scholars RWS show. Everyone did a fantastic job. The kids were a great audience and reacted very well to us. One of the kids had to explain to us what a bodega was, as it was suggested for a scene we were doing. Another of my favorite scenes was a 2 minute re-enactment of all 6 Star Wars flicks, complete with Empirial Walkers being brought down by tow-cables at the Battle of Hoth.

I'm glad that Caitlin was able to see the show this weekend. She's back in Huntsville now spreading viscious rumors about my progressive rummy skills. When a game is called, the standing score determines the winner. So I have won. End of story.

Laura & I encountered a Runnin' with Scissors fan at Abner's today. We were quite shocked to be recognized & called out like that. So weren't as sociable as we could have been... If that girl reads blogs, she is my new favorite fan.

I do not have class in the morning tomorrow. I'm very excited about it. I think I shall go on an overnight drunk...

5 Comments:

Blogger mrholmes said...

you and caitlin take ya'lls rummy seriously.

2:21 PM, July 12, 2005  
Blogger niltiac said...

Houston is serious about this particular game because he has never won before! (not that he has won this game...)

5:23 AM, July 13, 2005  
Blogger malloryann said...

Houston only wins if we let him use the 500 point rule ;)

8:43 AM, July 13, 2005  
Blogger mrholmes said...

apparently, houston is outnumbered.

9:40 AM, July 13, 2005  
Blogger C. Houston Longino said...

Oh here comes the thunder!!
You just wait, we'll finish this soon enough. ;-)

12:28 PM, July 13, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home