Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Dumb Day

I crashed early last night. Fell asleep on the couch about 9 & went to proper bed about 10:30. I think this was brought on by the first home-cooked (well, home-prepared at least) meal I've had in quite some time. It truly made me quite drowsy. But today, I feel good & refreshed. Class let out early today. It's a nice day. It would be a great day for the Sanderson except that...
I have to do my Small Group project today. What crap!
Yes, let me explain what this project entails... We're supposed to spend five hours together. We can be performing any activity, but we're supposed to spend five hours with each other. We could go to a movie or a bar even (and there's a group going to Mugshots, how I long to be in that group!). But we're going to the Sanderson.

"But Houston, you just said that today would be a great day for the Sanderson."

Yes reader, I did. However I asked my group what we could possibly do in the Sanderson for five hours. They said that we weren't really going to do anything. We were pretty much just going to meet up to figure out how we're going to fake it.

"Wouldn't it be easier just to do it?"

Perhaps. That's what I suggested. Especially since it can be something as simple as watching a friggin movie. Now I'll probably be too tired after this to actually do what I need to do at the gym today. Another day wasted, now I really wish that I had gone yesterday.

"Anything good happen today?"
Yes actually. I got my Norm Violation approved by Flick today. So now I know what I'm going to be doing & can start preparing for it. I think it'll be pretty darn funny.

"Will you tell me what it is?"

Not yet. But I will tell you some of the ones that I DIDN'T pick...
1. Faking a seizure in the Union.
2. Bringing a stereo & having a dance party in the library.
3. Sitting with and singing to a total stranger at kareokee night.
I think that the seizure bit would have been a bit too much, but I think that I could have done either of the other two just fine. But the one I picked is better than any of those.

"Why are you typing your entry like this?"

Charlie suggested that someone try writing an entry like a conversation between two people. This is my attempt at that. How'd it turn out?

"Really well. I love the way you blog. You're so interesting & funny."

Why thank you. Anyway, I have to go now. I'll blog again another day.

2 Comments:

Blogger mrholmes said...

not bad, not bad.

and apparently the people in your group will do anything to get out of homework regardless of the homework

if i had to pick a 5 hour assignment, that would be it.

9:33 AM, July 27, 2005  
Blogger C. Houston Longino said...

Yeah, that seems to be the case. Anyway, it turns out that they've made more work for themselves & I don't plan to do too much to help them out of it.

1:57 PM, July 28, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home