Thursday, August 04, 2005

The Butler did It

I'm nearing completion on my norm violation paper. Now I'm distracting myself with blogging & text messaging. It's amazing that even though I know that all of this will be over tomorrow, it still feels like this will never end.

Anyhow, the violation took place at Abner's today with Chuck & his buddies from Georgia. Laura got called into work unfortunately, so Chuck had to take over the camera. His skills were found lacking, as at first people noticed him taking pictures. I attempted to wait on about 8 groups of people as they came & went. Not a single person let me refill their drink for them. Even though it's a huge open environment where they'd be able to see me all the way from the table to the drink machine. Three people got up & refilled their own drinks immediately after I asked if I could do it for them. However, no one was really rude. People just smiled and politely refused. At worst, they seemed slightly confused. Well one guy my age didn't seem too amused but I didn't bother him for very long. I didn't get thrown out as many people expected me to either.

Well, back to work & then off to study for my exam. I can't believe I took a break from writing about my norm violation to write about my norm violation. What an idiot!

4 Comments:

Blogger laura rayburn said...

You just thought that I had to go to work...truth be told I just couldn't bear the thought of potentially being banned for life from Abner's. I LOVE those tenders.

9:05 PM, August 04, 2005  
Blogger C. Houston Longino said...

Heh. You may be upset to know that my list of places to do the violation was based partially on places I don't mind being banned for life from. Zaxby's for life!

9:53 PM, August 04, 2005  
Blogger laura rayburn said...

Your mom did it.

9:05 AM, August 09, 2005  
Blogger malloryann said...

Houston... this is ridiculous... a week and a day with no blogging!

1:50 PM, August 12, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home