Thursday, January 12, 2006

The 41st Post

The semester has officially begun, at least for RWS I suppose. I met with Mark today and have been talking to folks about getting things rolling. Much to my surprise, things are already pretty much rolling without me. That's great news in my opinion. I was a bit worried about starting to be less involved in the day to day running of the group. But the guys seem to be more than willing (and pretty excited) to pick of the torch.

They'll be performing a little bit at MTA (the Mississippi Theatre Association) Festival tonight. I'm pretty gosh darn proud that they've arranged this on their own. After that, we'll be getting ready for our show on the 20th.

My new role will be to manage the group, show to show but not the shows themselves. I'll be making sure that locations are booked and the promotion is being done, as well as making sure that everything is on task. It should lead to a much more streamlined way of doing things, with no one being overwhelmed. At least that's the idea.

I'll also start working on auditioning for "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum." This means that I'll have to get less rusty with my singing. I've only sang (sung? singed? sanged?) onstage once before and that was in a purposely bad singing voice. So, we'll see how that turns out. I'd really like to do this show, as it's one of my favorites. I always get excited when I catch that movie on TV, even though the movie is not so great.

See? I'm blogging again. Told ya so!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home